BILL EVANS The Complete Riverside Recordings (Limited Edition 1985 Japanese 18-LP vinyl box set (covered in polybag). All the classic albums are here & then some; New Jazz Conceptions, Everybody Digs, Waltz For Debby, Explorations... going right up to the final performances for Riverside, at Shelly's Manne-Hole. Includes twenty-four performances that had been previously unissued at the time. Comes housed in a hefty deluxe textured slipcase with gold embossed lettering & Japanese/'sessionography' booklets containing rare photos & original album artwork. Everything remains fully intact. Each vinyl disc remains near 'as new'. Most of the records is probably never been played - VIJ-5072~89).
Label: Riverside Records – VIJ-5072~89
Format: 18 × Vinyl, LP
Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition
Style: Bop, Post Bop, Modal, Cool Jazz
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Fantasy, Inc.
- Recorded At – Nola Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Reeves Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Plaza Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Bell Sound Studios
- Recorded At – Sound Makers Studio
- Recorded At – Village Vanguard
- Recorded At – Shelly's Manne-Hole
- Manufactured By – Victor Musical Industries, Inc.
- Compilation Producer, Producer [Original] – Orrin Keepnews
- Compiled By – Ralph Kaffel
- Design – Georgia Gillfillan
- Liner Notes – Martin Williams (6)
- Photography By – Burt Goldblatt, Donald Silverstein, Fred Seligo, Lee Tanner, Steve Schapiro
- Photography By, Cover [Front Cover Art Based On A Photograph] – Jim Marshall (3)
- Producer [Production] – Georgia Gillfillan, Jerri Linn, Zand Gee
- Recorded By [Rerecording And Tape Assembly] – Danny Kopelson
1985 Limited Japanese edition.
This compilation presents, on 18 LP'S, the full results of 20 recording sessions from the pivotal eight-year period (1956-63) that launched the remarkable career of Bill Evans and defined his position as one of the most significant, pace-setting jazz pianists of all time.
Here, in chronological order, are 151 performances, including the entire existing output of the legendary 1961 Village Vanguard session, as well as 17 selections from a previously unissued solo studio session and seven other unreleased items. Ranging from solo to quintet, this collection also features such major artists as Cannonball Adderley, Freddie Hubbard, Philly Joe Jones, Jim Hall, Percy Heath, Paul Chambers, Ron Carter, Zoot Sims, and Scott LaFaro.
Contains a 32-page illustrated booklet that includes rare photographs, full discographical details, an appreciation of Evans by noted critic Martin Williams, and personnal commentary on each session by producer Orrin Keepnews